Sunday, November 7, 2010

American Girl Company Saying Goodbye to Felicity

Yes it is true.  At the end of the year, American Girl will be retiring Felicity.  I most definitely understand that companies must evolve and consistently change their product in order to stay afloat and or grow.  This time it comes at the expense of my first and only American Girl.  I was older when Felicity came out but still thought that she was really pretty and  represented a big part of my life, after all, my parents made clothes for American Girl from the very beginning.  She only sat on my bed for a couple of years and looked cute, before being donated to the family business for a life long career as a model.  She will always represent to me an exciting time in my life, and a new direction for my parents business.  I will be sad to see her go.

It is a true representation of how things are evolving.  My parents used to sell all of the historical period pieces, but even before the Girl of Today doll came out, kids wanted more modern clothes for their dolls.  The historic dolls and their clothes are great, and how American Girl made themselves different from every other doll manufacturer, but are now finding their way to the back of the magazine, back of the closet, etc.  Good bye Felicity.  Thanks for the memories.

This week we will be adding some new matching girl and doll outfits to www.weeline.com .  We have several leggings and shirt sets and new pajamas sets.  Also adding hats, necklaces, and bracelets to keep your doll looking trendy!  Hurry, stock is limited on many items.  Order early.

2 comments:

  1. Really well done for the blog.these are so sweet and pretty!
    Baby Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete